Friday 17 April 2009

WW2 P.O.W. video

Well, I've been away for a bit getting married and stuff. My family have been visiting, including my grandad on my mum's side.

In the Second World War, he was a sent to the Pacific (before Pearl Harbour happened) and was subsequently captured by the Japanese. He spent the rest of the war in a Japanese P.O.W camp being starved and sent down the coal mines to help the Japanese war effort.

A few days ago, we drove out to Fredericksburg (in Texas) to the Nimitz Museum, run by the family of Admiral Nimitz. It's a museum dedicated to the Pacific Theatre during World War 2 and has some very extensive displays. And it's still expanding!

About 8 years ago, he told his story on camera and I cut it together with scraps of pictures and videos found online. Here are the opening and closing graphics sequences. The full story is on YouTube.



No comments:

Post a Comment